Friday, February 20, 2009

Not So Innocent, Not One Little Bit!


This face, the face of my dog Lena, is deceptively sweet and innocent.  Don't be fooled.  Not for one minute.  You see the face of a world class TRASH HOUND.  

I come home, put my key in the lock, and notice it is strangely quiet on the other side of the door.  Stepping inside I am not welcomed by my wriggling, tail-wagging, two dog welcome home committee.  The house is silent.  

Into my office I go.  Immediately my eye is drawn to the gleam of empty cans strewn across the empty dog bed.  "OH NO, not again," I moan.  In the kitchen the trash can has been overturned.  Used cartons of  soy milk leak their remaining drops onto the floor.  My kitchen is covered with nasty trash.

And where are my two dogs?  Hiding under the desk.   And this one, cute little thing, she is trying to hide under Stella, pretending not to see me, hoping Stella takes the rap.  

BAD DOG!!!!!!  LENA, BAD DOG!!!!!!

Oh, how long can anyone be angry with a dog who is so damn cute?

1 comment:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Lena better learn to sweep and mop